Information collection and use
What information will we collect?
When you use services provided on this website and/or mobile application, you will be asked to provide certain information:
- Personal information, which includes your email address, name, phone number, device ID and IP address.
- Transactional information, such as rental car details.
- Booking information, such as pick-up and drop-off details, type of car, and rental period.
- Credit/debit card information for payments.
- Information about your device (such as your IP address, session ID, mobile/desktop device properties, and metadata) and browser;
- Other information, such as your browsing activity on the website and mobile app.
We will store your personal information in a secure and encrypted format. We do not store your credit/debit card data. All credit/debit card and payment information is secure, encrypted and handled by fully-certified payment providers.
If you are reserving or booking a car on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent to use their personal information. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained the aforementioned consent.
We will use this information in the following ways
- To fulfill our agreement with you, including processing your rental car bookings, sending you your booking confirmation, conducting payment transactions for the services available on the site or contacting you if there is a problem with your reservation.
- To register you with our website/mobile application and administer our website services where you have registered to receive these. You can unsubscribe from these services by contacting us.
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by e-mail.
- For direct marketing purposes. To enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and provide you and other customers (via mail, email, telephone or otherwise) with information about new products and services and special offers we think you will find valuable.
- To personalise your experience and give you a better service (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve the user-friendliness of the site (we continually strive to improve the site offerings based on the information we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs) and for website traffic analysis.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features.
- To send emails, SMS, website and mobile app notifications as well as other communications for providing services, responding to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To respond to queries of the authorities with regard to your accessing of the site and services availed by you.
- Automatic logging of session data
Of course, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords, and your site membership account information. Please be very careful, responsible, and alert with this information, especially whenever you’re online.
Who do we share your information with?
Our customer support offices in the network.
- Trustworthy third parties that we use for the provision of certain services, such as enabling our customers to book cars quickly and easily.
- Third party organisations involved in credit card authorisation.
- Third party organisations assisting in fraud detection & prevention.
- With authorities, if we have a legal obligation to do so.
- Our employees and agents to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information we request, you will still be able to visit our site but you may be unable to access certain options or services.
What you need to know when using the Lumi mobile apps (the 'mobile apps')
When you use a mobile app, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
In addition to the same information we collect and use when using the Lumi website, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our mobile apps. Specifically:
- We collect information about mobile app functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the mobile app that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the mobile app. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
- Each mobile app also sends us the device's unique device identifier (or "UDI"), a sequence of numbers or characters that are unique to your mobile device, as well as the unique Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA) and Identifier For Vendor (IDFV). We use this only on the first opening of the mobile app so that we can confirm to our advertising networks the number of downloads resulting from clicks on their respective banner ads and other marketing tools.
- When you use a mobile app, you can choose to allow access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – in order to identify nearby Lumi branches. If you choose to allow access, this location data may be collected anonymously as part of search requests logged by our servers. It may also be used for geo-targeting purposes to deliver relevant marketing messages to you and enhance your experience. You can switch off the mobile app’s access to your location at any time through your phone settings menu. This might however restrict usage of any location-dependent services or options available on our mobile app.
- You always have the ability to control what information a mobile app sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the mobile app under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the mobile app from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
- At times, we record your booking process to understand booking behaviour and improve our product. However, we do not record sensitive information such as card details.
There is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with customised information from Lumi website or mobile applications. A cookie is an element of data that a website or mobile application can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make Lumi’s website or mobile applications more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to take you to the language site of last use so that we can give you a better experience when you return to our website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set it up to notify you when you receive a cookie, so you can decide whether to accept it.